Thread: Prostate Cancer
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2019, 10:23 AM

Bob47 is absolutely right. I was diagnosed at 58, urologist pushed surgery but I opted for radiation called Cyberknife after doing my own research. Very impressed with the procedure and the outcome as I am cancer free after 8 years. Another big plus is all the plumbing works. Three of my friends have had surgery... 2 had major complications. But that's too small a sample to derive anything.

With Cyberknife, a urologist implants 3 tiny gold seeds into your prostate using same technique as a standard biopsy. These are used by the robotic radiation machine for precise targeting. The oncologist uses MRI's and CT scans to develop a program to shoot many radiation beams into your prostate but at the same time avoiding as much collateral damage as possible. I layed on a table with my butt in a custom fitted cushion so I couldn't shift position while a big robotic arm went all around me shooting individual focused beam radiation shots. I did this 3 days for about 45 minutes a day.. and that was it.

You'll get many different answers as there are several options. I am happy with the path I chose.

Last edited by flyguy909; 08-10-2019 at 10:41 AM.