Thread: Poms
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 758 Posts

Watched it on Amazon Prime last night. Entertaining. Moves fast.

Some of the negatively portrayed character-types we know all too well, for real, at this point in our lives -- The Busy Bodies. The Queen Bees. The Jackasses. All there. Fun to see them captured on the screen though.

It was also fun to see Rhea Perlman not being Carla. Loved how her character blossomed, along with the others, too.

(As an aside: To those of us still trying to figure out how to finally go gray, Diane Keaton's hair deserves a close look. It appears that it was heavily highlighted with the color brought up very light and probably with a toner to keep out the brass. (Toners are a good thing, too often skipped.)Then there were lowlights throughout, to add dimension. Looked good. Warning: I am not a hairstylist. I just happen to think I can recognize a good dye job when I see one. And I still have not managed to go gently into my true hair color so I am always looking at gray hair and trying to figure out how to get from Point A to Point Z without the long growing out time. I think Diane Keaton is 72 or 73 -- not sure.)

Last edited by Boomer; 08-10-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: typos