Thread: A big thank you
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2019, 01:42 PM

The first time I came to the Villages I walked around with my jaw on the floor. The scope and size of the place is just unbelievable. Everybody was out and about doing activities. The number of golf carts in the town squares were incredible. It is a place you just have to come and see.

We toured a lot of other retirement places in Florida, unfortunately not either of the ones you mentioned. We did visit a Del Webb near Jacksonville. I would say when we were looking you could get more home for your dollar in the Villages compared to Del Webb. Del Webb was nice but it was obviously a lot smaller. And in some of the places we visited it just felt dead to me.

The Villages is not for everyone but I think if your retiring to Florida you have to check it out. Finally, we kept comparing everything to The Villages and no 55+ place compared in our opinion. Best of luck in your search and make sure you talk to people as you are out and about when you visit here, everyone is happy to help and give you their opinion.