View Single Post

Old 08-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
It can happen here. But talk about probabilities, what is the chance of being shot in TV: .1% say if we go out a thousand times (once every day for 3 years) do we get shot once? Where I was in Europe at the time the probability was much higher.

Is the probability of being struck by lightning or being shot for the average person higher in TV?
Having some experience with a 40-something woman who went through the war in Bosnia...

I suggest using some of the same precautions you did going through a war, only obviously less intense... situational awareness is key, plus knowing how you will exit a place you have entered if need be. Staying out of questionable places at questionable times. Exiting quickly if you see a situation possibly escalating.

The only thing that bothers me about so many people carrying in a retirement village is that we're all getting old, foggy, and losing our filters.

But I do feel safer in TV than I would in other places. Also, I'm not inclined to go to large gatherings, although that's no guarantee to staying safe.