View Single Post

Old 08-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

A group of 4 of us ate at Roberto's last night, and we all agreed it was ok-not great. The other couple likes Giovanni's and likened the food to it (We don't care for Giovanni's as the sauce was consistently watery and the protein always overcooked). My Chicken Parmesan was pounded thin, a bit on the tough side as it appeared overcooked, and the sauce (not gravy) was "flat". I couldn't put my finger on it, but I have had better as well as worse. On the plus side, I did have a glass of house wine and I would say that I received a "healthy pour" which I would hope is the norm.

The service was acceptable, although I wasn't offered my choice of pasta as indicated on the menu. The restaurant was clean, and it filled up quickly with people also waiting for takeout. We got there early and were in the "first seating", with a line behind us.

I don't know if the apparent inconsistency in food preparation is because the kinks may not have been worked out, or if it will be the norm. Given the spectrum of reviews, I would suggest giving it another month or so and see if things might get better. I would definitely say try it and see if the food is to your liking. We may go back in a couple of months, but for right now, we prefer a different restaurant.