Thread: Insurance?
View Single Post

Old 08-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
HI, If I want to be able to use the Village Healthcare, but still have insurance to cover if something awful goes wrong and I need to go to Mayo or Tampa, is there insurance that covers that? Also, is the Moffit as good as the one in Tampa? I had a terrible experience in Atlanta where Emory basically just licensed its name to a local hospital, and it was awful (and that hospital is now closed). Thanks in advance for any advice!!
I did not use The Villages United Healthcare’s plans because they can’t seem to find their identity. First allowed UHC supplemental plans then cancelled, leaving many looking for other coverage. Just recently they are adding Florida Blue Advantage to their portfolio for some reason. For myself I have always been with Florida Blue Advantage PPO. With research, mostly on this website,we were able to find our primary physician who has been with us for 12+ years. Turnover of primary physicians in TV UHC has been very high. We also have Moffitt Cancer Hospital in Tampa and great orthopedics with two of the best clinics in Ocala. With a cancer surgery, knee and hip replacements, and a highly recommended neurosurgeon for lower back ( spine issues ) we could no be more pleased with our results and coverage. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE.