Thread: Insurance?
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2019, 06:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

There are options so make sure you develop a list of questions for which ever coverage you select. I did end up with Villages health care with the United Health Care advantage plan. The cost of this plan is zero for the basic plan. I added the out of network option which cost me $80 a month. And am so glad I did.

The out of pocket maximum for in network is $1900 a year and out of network is $7500 a year. I had prostate cancer and finally chose to have proton radiation at UF Health in Jacksonville FL. This was an out of network provider. UF Health had folks that worked with insurance providers and got my treatment covered in network. So $1900 for $250,000 worth of treatments. There was some ancillary stuff that still fell out of network for some undetermined reason that ended up costing me another $2500, but still turned out to be very cost effective. Something about some codes of service not covered in network. Proton radiation is very expensive and done by very few places around the country. Photon radiation is done everywhere but not what I wanted. There are only 4 proton centers that specialize in prostate cancer. UF Health in Jacksonville happens to be one of them.