Thread: Insurance?
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2019, 09:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
I did not use The Villages United Healthcare’s plans because they can’t seem to find their identity. First allowed UHC supplemental plans then cancelled, leaving many looking for other coverage. Just recently they are adding Florida Blue Advantage to their portfolio for some reason. For myself I have always been with Florida Blue Advantage PPO. With research, mostly on this website,we were able to find our primary physician who has been with us for 12+ years. Turnover of primary physicians in TV UHC has been very high. We also have Moffitt Cancer Hospital in Tampa and great orthopedics with two of the best clinics in Ocala. With a cancer surgery, knee and hip replacements, and a highly recommended neurosurgeon for lower back ( spine issues ) we could no be more pleased with our results and coverage. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE.
I think TVH understands their identity. They couldn't continue their model of 30 - 60 min.yearly (or 2x/year) patient physical visit if they accepted traditional Medicare. (They couldn't sustain that model.) The only way they could continue to offer the "Marcy Welby" model was to accept an Advantage Plan.
Why are they now accepting Florida Blue? Maybe they negotiated with providers and they are able to offer two plans... because competition is a VERY good thing. Florida Blue accepts Moffitt.
My advice - Do you due diligence and pick the healthcare plan that works for you. There are people who are angry because The Villages Health chose to only accept an Advantage Plan (many claim they were "kicked out"... but in fact they chose to keep their Medicare Plan vs. switching to an Advantage Plan. It was their choice...).
The comment that many physicians are leaving... I have had the same physician for 5 years and so has my spouse (and so have a number of my friends). We are both extremely happy with our PCP. They are outstanding and one of the reasons we stay with TVH.
As far as Othopedics... my spouse just had both knees replaced by Dr. Steven Nguyen in Orlando... renown orthopedic knee surgeon.
My point... pick the healthcare plan that works for you.