View Single Post

Old 08-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

I agree with all the positive comments. If you do the math, it means they will build for like 26 more years. I have a question - does anyone else get annoyed by the villages news articles like I do? They are obviously written by someone NOT from this area, and who can't read a map. Look at these passages-

The Southern Oaks area roughly is south of State Road 44 to the intersection of Warm Springs Avenue (County Road 468) and U.S. 301. It also stretches eastward from U.S. 301 to past County Road 470.

and
Commissioners also voted to submit for state review a fifth amendment to the Villages of Southern Oaks development plan that adds eight scattered parcels to the project area. The largest is east of County Road 470, about a mile north of the Coleman Federal Prison. Other parcels are near the intersection of county roads 470 and 501 and north of the Florida Turnpike.

How can you be east of 470? 470 runs east to west. And they already own the land 1 mile north of the prison. These descriptions make zero sense.

The main jist of the article is fine - and I am happy about it.
Snow Flake until I retire