Thread: Bad renters
View Single Post

Old 08-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

My wife and I have rented here for 20+years and to my knowledge never had a background check, produced a driving licence or spoken to a landlord prior to signing any agreement.
We have always checked them to make sure they were legit' prior to handing over payment
Apart from one rental never seen or heard from agents representing them or any landlord whilst staying.
The only landlord we met proved to be a pest, who in the guise of doing repairs, kept popping in and checking practicaly every other day. Got fed up with them, (husband & wife team) had a quiete, but firm word, and insisted they notify us in advance of any so called repair work. They left us alone after that. Never went back to that rental.
We have always left a place cleaner and tidier than when we first moved in, and never had a problem in that regard.
Stayed at one place for eight years, and after year three landlord stopped charging us a cleaning fee!
I am sure the majority of longer period renters are similar to us, and the problems wil be with the daily/weekly type rentals.