View Single Post

Old 08-17-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,176 Times in 1,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
I think the on demand water heater is great. Takes a bit for the water to get “hot”, but not much longer than having a typical 40/50 gal water heater on the opposite side of the house or in a basement. Our gas bill has been running in the upper $20’s. I golf and take care of the lawn, so lots of showers and laundry.
I have to say our gas bill is not nearly as low as yours but I'm not going to trade in our gas 50 gal water heater. Our full hot water is very quick to our master bedroom and nearly instant to our laundry room which is the closest to the the hot water heater. Our kitchen and the hall bath which are midway and at the end of the plumbing line are connected to a Watts circulation pump attached to the water heater. Instant warm water from those two locations and full hot water in less than 5-10 seconds. We have the pump on a timer so it doesn't work during the night.

If it isn't possible to attach a Watts hot water circulation pump to the ON DEMAND hot water system, then I'm out. I've been through the waiting for hot water in our NJ home. We had a gas hot water heater there but I didn't know about the Watts hot water circulation pump. If I had known about it, we would have had it installed for out master bath and hall bathroom. Too much time wasted waiting for hot water.