View Single Post

Old 08-17-2019, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
It was worse fifty years ago. Many of us had no money for college and made successful lives by the sweat of our brow and then brains as we watched, learned and showed up willing to work.

What I see now are two children families in which the children are pampered, overprotected and not very intelligent in real life situations even after completing college.

A young woman was being interviewed on tv about her college debt. She said she was going to graduate with honors in May and just realized in mid April she was $50,000. in debt. Huh? She also stated she would have to give up her dream job and get a different job to pay her bills. When questioned about her dream job, she stated it was registering voters. The interviewer quickly ended the interview.

A young man hired for a construction job after a recommendation from a shop teacher quit after 2 days stating he didn’t want to work that hard. We’re raising a lot of cupcakes that still live at home with Mommie and Daddy because they want new cars and want to start out with everything.

People who legally immigrate into this country with barely anything manage to educate themselves, create good lives and aren’t afraid of very hard work because it’s still better than from where they came.

We’ve become a country of we can’t vs we will.
May I add another?

"...why should I..."