View Single Post

Old 08-18-2019, 10:04 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,645 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Hmmm. Not our experience. Jim McLaughlin sold us both new homes and showed us many used homes. Not the experience of friends either.

Perhaps you told him you were a realtor, Manabouttown??? and he knew you could look at them on your own??
I am not now and have never been a Realtor.

As I see it I chose the wrong guy, a guy who still works as a TV agent and who had received rides on the developer’s private jet(s) and eaten in their. private dining room.

My take on it is he made more per sale on new with a fraction of the effort so why bother to show existing. At that time he was selling new hand over fist making lots of commissions. He was very, very smooth and likable and obviously highly successful at selling. Of course he had and still has a highly in demand product to sell!

My point is that if a potential buyer wants to look at existing homes he or she should make sure their agent is willing to take the time to show them existing homes. If he or she is not request an agent who will.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-18-2019 at 10:16 AM.