View Single Post

Old 08-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

As for your insurance question, there are several agencies to use, I have used AAA, The Villages, and an independent agent over several years, one think to double check....after your agent gives you a proposed list of companies and coverage, check the actual rating of the insurance company. I had instance where the recommended company was a "D" rated company, did not find out until several months later. I was able to have the companies checked out by contacting my financial advisor, as I did not have member access to the rating sites.
Also, as mentioned above, ALL Florida house insurance has 'catastrophic ground collapse' coverage, but this only provides coverage if the house is condemned, if you have a sinkhole on your property that does not condem the house, you are not covered, this is the seperate "sinkhole" insurance coverage. It typically has a large deductible, but I have heard of cases where people were able to pay a larger yearly rate for a smaller deductible. Your agent should be able to provide a detailed explanation of these coverages.