View Single Post

Old 08-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
A very old friend of mine, is at his wit’s end with his 27 year old granddaughter (her parents are deceased)...who has apparently become deeply involved in a cult.

Since I feel very fortunate that I’ve never personally had this particular problem, all I can do for my friend is to lend a sympathetic ear…and try to do research to see if I can forward any helpful advice to him.

He has said that the most confusing part for him, is that she’s not a drug/alcohol abuser, acts normal and kind in a lot of other ways…but is absolutely closed off and becomes irate to ANY criticism (even factual ones) of her group.

Anyone ever go through this, or know someone who did, and if so how did you/they handle it…and was it successful?

This particular link seems to cover a lot of the same issues and problems...that he’s described to me.

Cults (Poke Here)
I had a professor that seemed to specialize in the study of cults. This was while I was at the University of Nevada, Reno.

One thing. They are not all the same. What might help your friend's granddaughter might vary from the kind of cult involved.

Content Pages of the Encyclopedia of Religion and Social Science

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-21-2019 at 03:37 PM.