View Single Post

Old 08-21-2019, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
For those offering what appears as heart-felt suggestions, to a very disconcerting problem for my buddy...I thank you.

For the usual suspects, looking to get yet another thread they don't like closed...
Hope you hang in there. I had met an attractive black man hanging out outside the Humanities Building on the University of Nevada, Reno. He was very friendly and I was about 22 or so. Or even younger. We got to talking and he told me about a group of his friends who had an apartment near by who liked to talk about Philosophy.

So I went that afternoon to check it out. He had handed me a card that said Unification Church or something like that with the address.

Turned out they were the Moonies and he was the Chapter Head for Northern Nevada.

Some man at the apartment laid out the Moonies plan of uniting the races by interracial-marriages. Arranged marriages with the aim of procreation primarily and not romance.

I poked holes through the plan the best I could but still got invites from the black man for the Weekend Retreat and they had started phoning my parents with very insulting phone calls about my parents corrupting the youth. I finally picked up one of these calls and used language a sailor would be proud of.

These weekend retreats were where the Unification church brain washes people. A lot involved separating the target from his or her care givings or parents and friends.

I did talk in private through an essay about these experiences with that Sociology of Professor at the University of Nevada, Reno. He had wanted me to give a speech about it in front of the class but I said no feeling very uncomfortable about the whole experience. It only lasted about ten days if that. And just a couple of visits by me to this apartment near UNR as there was a very cute girl I was attracted to and the black man also played on that as much as he could. "She is going to be there...."

These "cults" do seem to target those they see as vulnerable. All the lonely people.... Jerome (the black man/Northern Nevada Unification Church Chapter head ) could tell that I was a man with few friends and he played on that for all it was worth.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-21-2019 at 08:50 AM.