View Single Post

Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
That isn't necessarily true.

It definitely would not be true if your agent gave you a copy of a recent competitive market analysis of the last three months of sold homes in your area which you studied backward and forward.

Those kinds of facts don't lie and tell the real story.
The price of your house should petty much be based upon those facts with plusses for upgrades and minuses for anything negative.
The CDM, CA house I am in now I had a signed purchase contract for the asking price through the listing agent who could keep both sides of the commission with my offer within four hours of the sign going up in the home's front yard - in 1996, before the internet listing services we now enjoy. The next day at an open house she received three solid offers, two of them for cash, all three above asking price through other agents.

Obviously the house was underpriced. I knew that as I had been looking in that neighborhood for a year. Diligence pays off!

BTW, Zillow shows the house to be now worth about five times what I paid for it in June of 1996 which turned out to be the very bottom of a big market dip in the area.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-22-2019 at 09:52 AM.