View Single Post

Old 08-23-2019, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
You post concerned me, so I went back and re-read the covenant which states clearly that each owner is responsible to ensure they don't interfere with their neighbors "enjoyment" of their property. It then further clarifies the meaning by stating that "noise" shall be no more than "moderate" between 10 PM and 1 hour before sun rise.

There is no mention of restricting dog barking, and no definition of "moderate". So, I guess from what I can see there is no limit on dog barking during the day and up to 10 PM at night. Some third party would have to decide if a dog barking is preventing someone else from enjoying their property, and if our actions to control and moderate the dog barking is insufficient.

Personally, I find the sizzling of a neighbors bbq grills to be quite offensive and disruptive of my enjoying a vegan meal in my lanai...

I think we all need to get along, and anyone purchasing a CYV that does not like dogs or dog barking would have to explain to an arbitrator why they bought there knowing there was going to be dogs, and the dogs are going to be barking, when the CYVs are sold as the solution to seniors that want dogs that bark.
Sounds like your going to fit in, Good Luck in your new neighborhood.