View Single Post

Old 08-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Biggest problem I have is slow play. Just yesterday my threesome teed off at Havana (Kilimanjaro) at 1:00. Holes 1 thru 4 we played without delay, didn't even see any group in front of us. As soon as we went through the Buena Vista tunnel to the 5th hole. There was a group on the green, a group in the fairway, a group on the tee and a second group on the tee waiting in their cart. We waited 25 minutes at the fifth tee before we could go. I asked the Ambassador when he came by, what was the delay, he said the 11:56 group was holding everyone up. However, we asked if he had talked to them, he said, they are on time, you're allowed 2+15 minutes to play that nine.
Twice in the last couple of months my group has followed a foursome on "Men's Day" on championship courses, and it was a disaster. Why, when a foursome is playing a scramble, does it take over five hours for them to play 18? It's because they take forever to putt out. You would think they are playing for thousands of dollars. The ambassadors laugh about it, and they will commiserate with you, but since there are several foursomes in a row playing in the same obnoxious way, they can't do anything about it. Time to end Men's Day?