Thread: Trash Option
View Single Post

Old 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I would like to have a "pay for the trash you generate" option rather than a fixed monthly cost. It's not really fair to part time residents to pay for trash removal for long periods of time when you are not there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Another layer of admin costs and software and probably hardware will be added. Part of the deal when part timers decided to own here....if it doesn't meet needs, why do they buy?
I was well aware of the trash policy when we bought, and gladly bought anyways. I was not aware that I was not supposed to voice my opinion about it on a thread titled "Trash Option" which was discussing other possible ways to deal with trash removal options??? If I can't do that without getting criticism, then why bother to post on TOV???

And as an added benefit to my proposal of paying for the trash that a household generates, rather than a fixed monthly cost, is that it could yield positive environmental benefits. Think about it, what financial incentive does one have to minimize the trash they generate when they pay a fixed rate regardless of how much trash they put out twice a week. If people had to pay by the bag of trash they generate, they would have a real financial incentive to minimize the trash they produce.