View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
rekop

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahingarcia View Post
This was our second and probably last trip to TV. We came ready to buy a Premier House (around $575,000.00) We requested a few changes: A Roman Shower (The St.Augustine Model does not have that), tiles on all the floors, no pool and a bidet in the Master Bathroom. The only thing they will agree was the tiles on all the rooms. No more changes allowed. We love the house and since they have to build it from scratch did not think it was such a big deal, it looks that the TV management is a Dictatorial litttle Empire. I will not be back. Good luck to everyone, it was nice to be part of the conversation, but I have nothing to look for anymore concerning TV, Sorry.
Sorry to hear about the inabilty to make changes. I'm suprised they wouldn't put in a roman shower - many of the homes I've seen lately have them. That is the one thing I dislike about The Villages management - they definitely are a dictatorial little empire. What I especially ahhor, is that they dictate what we read - i.e. we only get The Villages Daily sun slant (I inquired about getting the USA Today delivered - not allowed in The Villages!); you see the movies they deem appropriate (do you really think "W" will be showing in TV?), etc. At this time, we weigh the pluses and minuses and put up with it, because there are so many pluses, but frankly, if it gets to be too much, we may "take a hike" sometime in the future. Good luck to you.