View Single Post

Old 08-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Wellll......after school clubs, sports games at school and away, choir, week long school trips. Mark papers, homework, assignments, prepare curriculum and day plan by the hour for every day, prepare weekly plan, monthly plan. For each group of children by their level of reading, and their level of maths considering their skills and interests. Prepare for special needs, how to integrate them effectively socially and academically. Just a tiny bit of a teacher’s day. Teachers cannot “wing it” and every class, every group of children have different needs.

I also had English as a Second Language children, some not speaking a word of English but heads and shoulders above the rest in math and science. I went to Cantonese classes with my students after school too to see what they were learning. Home visits, parent teacher interviews, professional development meetings, weekly school meetings. Etc etc. order class supplies, equipment, prepare hands on activities by level. Often classroom budget is not enough I use my own money to supplement, most teachers do. There is so much more. The children need your attention when they are there. When do you suppose the teachers do these things?