View Single Post

Old 08-30-2019, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
I have been making a lot of phone calls to various The Villages offices, and another, trying to get a number on how many inches of rain we can handle before the streets start flooding. I know this will vary from area to area, but they still should be able to give us some info, at least as to the highest risk village. One guy who might know, Trey Arnett, who was quoted in Thursday's paper, well, his office said he cannot give out such info without approval of The Villages. And so it goes.
It most likely would be speculation anyway..not to be taken as fact. With Irma some area streets flooded temporarily, but think it was mostly due to storm drains being clogged. I was just out with this afternoon's "monsoon" (Friday) and going up towards Southern Trace on Buena Vista, the streets were quite full of rain (more than puddles) as it was coming down heavily. On the way home, it was still raining but not torrentially and all of that had dissapated. T.V. and area weather people do a really good job of keeping us apprised of what's going on. Listen to WVLG as well as other outlets for your information.