View Single Post

Old 08-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
I have been making a lot of phone calls to various The Villages offices, and another, trying to get a number on how many inches of rain we can handle before the streets start flooding. I know this will vary from area to area, but they still should be able to give us some info, at least as to the highest risk village. One guy who might know, Trey Arnett, who was quoted in Thursday's paper, well, his office said he cannot give out such info without approval of The Villages. And so it goes.
The rain goes to the storm drains, then into the ponds. During the last hurricane, our pond water was close to the top of the berm. Our pond was up by 10’. TV knows what they are doing, from the pond it goes to irrigation on the golf courses. So we never had water near our home. But then there were several complaints that all the courses were closed, we have rented since “07”, and bought our first home in 2010. However I do not stress over what could happen.