View Single Post

Old 08-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
I have been making a lot of phone calls to various The Villages offices, and another, trying to get a number on how many inches of rain we can handle before the streets start flooding. I know this will vary from area to area, but they still should be able to give us some info, at least as to the highest risk village. One guy who might know, Trey Arnett, who was quoted in Thursday's paper, well, his office said he cannot give out such info without approval of The Villages. And so it goes.
As I recall, the only part of the Villages where no one could travel by golf cart was on the historic side because of ponding water at the base of the golf cart bridge. It took a good number of days before the police department was able to arrange for their crossing of 27/441. Homes on Paradise Lake also suffered some encroachment from the pond because of its raised level. And Aloha Ave also had issues which caused some inconsiderate folks to drive their carts across people's properties to get around the high water - leaving considerable ruts in those lawns!

One of the golf cart tunnels also suffered from high water making it impassible - but - I think there was some drainage work done there since then which should mitigate that problem from happening again. Sorry I don't recall which tunnel.