View Single Post

Old 08-31-2019, 01:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Greetings-

I apologize for the confusion and in order to clarify my position, allow me to elaborate.

Do "I" trust The Villages?
YES and I proved my position with my cash since I'm also a homeowner in the new section of Fenney.

My concern as this storm approaches is that the homes / neighborhoods appear to pop-up almost over night.

How much quality control can be placed on each home when 100's of construction workers are responsible in building a house at such a quick pace ?

How certain can a home buyer be that each county inspector inspected each step of the construction in a prudent manner when the county employees themselves are probably short staffed ?

Although not required, the new houses have no impact windows and impact doors which surprise me, especially the large glass sliding doors.

The garage doors, especially the 2/1 appear to have minimal reinforcement which could be detrimental during a severe wind storm.

I believe that the gamble-ends of the roofing structures are not as stringently tied-down and reinforced as in only parts of the state.

I do love The Villages and strongly suggest anyone to seriously consider The Villages as residence, but I feel that The Villages are just growing so fast that one day this bubble will burst.

Good Luck to everyone...
We wre not confused. This is just a longer version of the original post.