View Single Post

Old 09-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=maybe;1677584]Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think many home owners in Miami are dependent upon how full a neighborhood retention pond is as regarding their likelihood of being flooded.
I am not asking for guarantees on outcome. It is not always easy to make the call, but many areas do inform the public if an evacuation is in order or NOT. Based upon what the paper quoted Arnett as saying, the information is known. They just won't release it to the public.[/QUOTE:

Maybe. I clicked your screen name and a drop down record of your prior posts is easily seen. It seems that you have voiced similar concerns on this Forum in 2016, 2017, and many this year in 2019.

I think it safe to say that we all are worried that we will drown or fly away or the house could fall on us or those we love when a Hurricane threatens.. Sometimes the answer to some questions, such as how much rain it will take to lower or raise the ponds even with the measures The Villages has in place are in a word; unanswerable. Some factors such as how much moisture is in the soil is variable as to how much rain that part of town has received.

I wish your fears and all fears could be put to rest about this issue but sometimes definitive answers just aren't available.