View Single Post

Old 09-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
Except that Trey Arnett, the "community's utilities engineer", was quoted in the paper, [Aug 29] as stating, "Based on the current predicted rainfall from Hurricane Dorian, The Villages' water management system is in good shape."
Sounds fine, but why can't we even be told what "predicted rainfall" he was referring to?!
Agreed. If a Villages official makes a public statement about his confidence in a system, and claims that his confidence is based on data, it is useful to people who are relying on that confidence, to know the source of the data.

If he had said "..current predicted rainfall from Hurricane Dorian, which according to the NOAA's National Hurricane Center is expected to fall within 10-18 inches in our area...."

That would've given some general idea. Doesn't need to be specific. Just is helpful to know where he's getting his info from. If he got it from fox and friends or morning joe, I'd buy an inflatable raft and call the rabbi for his final blessing. If he got it from an organization that specializes in weather, I'd know to sit tight and trust that all will be well. I'd still make sure I have enough water and stick an extra roll of toilet paper in a ziploc just in case though