View Single Post

Old 09-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Just a point of interest. If a Generator Purchaser is the kind of person who follows the instructions included with their new purchase then they will find out as I did that the unit should be run for 8 hours and then have the oil changed before putting a full load on The Generator. Sooo if you did decide to follow the inscrutions your Generator is no longer new and this may change the return policy at the store you purchased it from. Best of luck.

A friend of mine has had his Generator for about a year and used no fuel additive such as Stabil and when he went to get ready for this storm Zip, Zero, Zilch! The Carburetor is full of garbage from the gummed up old gas that wasn't treated. He got it fixed up for under $100 so I count him as lucky.

I will start mine every two weeks. I will treat the Gas. When the worst part of the weather threat is over there is a screw you turn that drains the gas tank and finish draining the Carb by running it dry.

I will work on getting the Small Engine Repairman's Phone number in case anyone gets jammed up!