View Single Post

Old 09-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

I stopped at Accutech on 301 a few years back to get something simple done on my 71 Jaguar XKE 2+2 4Xcarb V12 and they wouldn't even look at it. Their response was it was well beyond what they did, they couldn't tie up space it was a small shop (This is not unusual for my Jag XKE).

I've used AutoMasters in Leesburg with the previous owner and the new owner and I have no real complaints. They are not afraid to tackle the issues and have provided me their opinions and estimates to fix. They will spend the time to find parts and order them or give you the option to find the part yourself and order it and they will replace it. The garage is large and so garage space doesn't seem to be an issue. I think the owner is honest and reasonable, and I would go back there but would also willing to try another Jag mechanic if I knew they really had experience with my type of car. My brother has taken his Mercedes and Accura there. I think it's great to have a shop so close that you can take your car to for an opinion and or service. The closest Jag dealer is now in Ocala and I have no idea if they have a mechanic that even saw a jag like mine let along work on it ( I could be surprised I guess). I also have a feeling they wouldn't be cheap! I'm sure they would work on a 2011.

Every auto shop in the US would work on my Chrysler T&C minivan (with various degrees of success from awful to good) but there is a difference in a shop/mechanic that will work on a specialty auto where issues aren't often black or white and the answers require more time/expertise and often aren't as straight forward.

Good Luck I'd like to know how you make out! BTW there is a Jag club if your not a member and are interested in info send me a msg.