View Single Post

Old 09-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
When we ordered ours, I was surprised how expensive the self-cancelling turn indicators were (as an option). Seems like a simple timer relay would be easy to add, cancelling the signal after 10 seconds (+/-). As I recall the option on the cart is more that $250
Six years ago I had The Villages add an LED light to each windshield post connected to the turn signal, flashes right in front of you, cost $50. My neighbor saw that, and had Villages Discount Golf Carts install the same lights on his. Even though he had an flashing arrow in the rear-view mirror, the one on the right side was not visible from the driver's seat, I think he said they were also $50.

A problem I had with mine when I first received the cart was the large rear-view mirrors on the windshield posts were eye level, and every time I made a turn it created a blind-spot, almost had a head on with another cart on a trail. I took it right in and had them lower the mirrors so the top of the mirror is on the same level as the fold in the windshield, so you will view over top of the mirror. I think The Villages now mounts the mirrors much lower because of my complaint.