View Single Post

Old 09-05-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I once stored fuel in a motorcycle (carb, not FI) using only Sta-Bil for 7 years (not starting it for that long). When I went to re-start it, it fired up w/o issue. I would not have believed it if I had not done it myself. I DO NOT recommend this. I also immediately topped it off with fresh fuel.
Definitely not recommended, not even by Sta-Bil. But it's definitely thee product to use in engines or even gas cans that are going to sit for a while. They have a product now (360) that also includes an ethanol treatment as well as fuel stabilizer and I mix that in with regular gas for any small engine I have, including my golf cart. I had a generator in NC for years, since Hurricane Floyd, and always used Sta-Bil in the gas. I would start it about once a year and let it run until warmed up, then I'd close the fuel shut-off and let it run until it quit. Never had a problem with it starting up or running rough. If you don't use a fuel stabilizer, you'd want to start it and run it much more often to keep it in good shape.