Thread: Burger King
View Single Post

Old 09-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Stopped at the BK on 27/441 near Winn Dixie on Sunday, and ordered a Whopper meal. Girl at the register apologized, said they were out of whopper meat. Huh? I've never heard of such a thing. She offered a whopper junior or meatless burger, but I passed. Went to Wendy's a few hundred yards down the road. I wonder if BK has a corporate problem, or if it's just incredible incompetence of the local manager.
Probably all the above. Like I said above, I do not know why the health Dept has not closed them yet. Nasty place. Don't know when it started happening, because they used to have a decent sandwich.
-----------------
Now, I would rather eat PB&J if everything else was closed and they were the only choice. As for the veggie burger, I'll let the lemmings enjoy them while I have a nice thick and juicy, medium rare triple cholesterol burger or steak. I am not interested in the possibility of prolonging my life at this point if that additional longevity is going to be miserable. I eat what I want. Go ahead and convince yourselves that eating rabbit food is more enjoyable than eating protein and fat. But, don't expect me to change my diet just so you yuppies can feel like you are contributing to saving the world, because you ain't. A burger joint is a FAST FOOD BURGER joint, not a yuppie salad bar. If you want salad, go to Sweet Tomatoes. And you are lying if you think that you can convince anyone that a cauliflower crust on pizza tastes the same as good old fashioned wheat flour with yeast.
Anyway, I have no problem with you all eating fake burgers, but just don't try to convince the rest of us that you think you are saving the world or prolonging your miserable lives.