Thread: Burger King
View Single Post

Old 09-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
We are omnivores, that doesn't mean we have to eat everything, just that we can. It also doesn't mean everything we can eat is good for us. There is no doubt, the science is beyond question, that excessive red meat diets are not healthy. There is no doubt that eating lots of fish is good for us. Everything in between is up for debate.
Maybe you like to debate? Got news for you, a heavy fish diet is NOT good for you. Too much mercury, or too much iodine (or something) I believe. Granted fish is good and fish is generally healthy for you. But, meat is good for you also. It just has plenty of cholesterol to go with it. If you are vegan, you still have to eat plenty of certain protein supplying veggies, such as beans, etc. Don't know about you, but I learned from first grade on about balanced meals and the food pyramid.
Like I said above, if you wish to eat rabbit food, go for it. Just don't try to push a vegan lifestyle on me, because I enjoy my steak and my BBQ. And anyone that eats fake burgers, is just someone that wants to eat beef but is catering to yuppie peer pressure. Otherwise, they would not be making believe they are eating a hamburger at a hamburger joint. This is my opinion, and I reserve the right to stick to it....