Thread: Burger King
View Single Post

Old 09-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Maybe you like to debate? Got news for you, a heavy fish diet is NOT good for you. Too much mercury, or too much iodine (or something) I believe. Granted fish is good and fish is generally healthy for you. But, meat is good for you also. It just has plenty of cholesterol to go with it. If you are vegan, you still have to eat plenty of certain protein supplying veggies, such as beans, etc. Don't know about you, but I learned from first grade on about balanced meals and the food pyramid.
Like I said above, if you wish to eat rabbit food, go for it. Just don't try to push a vegan lifestyle on me, because I enjoy my steak and my BBQ. And anyone that eats fake burgers, is just someone that wants to eat beef but is catering to yuppie peer pressure. Otherwise, they would not be making believe they are eating a hamburger at a hamburger joint. This is my opinion, and I reserve the right to stick to it....
I do like to debate

And I would never want to push my life style on anyone, I have a hard enough time figuring out what I think I should do without trying to convince you that I am right.

As to red meat, I did condition it with "excess". As for fish, there is NO evidence eating excessive amounts of fish is bad for you. Eating anything with mercury in it is bad for you, I would highly recommend avoiding that, just like I would highly recommend avoiding beef that was raised with excessive amounts of antibiotics or growth hormones.

And I do think there are a lot of reasons people do things - I doubt that yuppy peer pressure is the ONLY reason people are trying Impossible Burgers, but it is certainly one.

Peer pressure plays a role in our lives and starts around age 2 or 3, and it seems we never grow out of it. The issue is which group we choose to be a peer member of.

But, that just my opinion, I have been known to be wrong