Thread: The Joke Thread
View Single Post

Old 09-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
During a major hurricane the order is given to evacuate.
However a devout christian is confident that the lord will protect him from the storm.

As the water begins to rise a police man comes by in a 4 wheel drive and makes a call for evacuation.

“The lord will save us.” The man says confidently. The cop shrugs and drives off.

The water continues to rise until the street is flooded. A FEMA worker comes along in a rowboat and asks the man to come with since it might be his last chance. He declines again, confident in God’s power.

Well it gets really bad and they are forced to take refuge on the roof of their house. Against all odds a helicopter comes by. The pilot gets on the loudspeaker and says that this absolutely the last chance for rescue.

Still the man refuses help and sits on the roof.

Well the water rises some more and he drowns. He arrives in heaven and stands before god.

“Lord, I put my faith in you, why didn’t you save me from that storm?” he asks in distress.

“What are you talking about? I sent you a truck, a boat and a helicopter!” God answers with a snort.
Belly laugh; but perhaps we are on the same wavelength.

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.