View Single Post

Old 09-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I honestly don't mind one lawn ornament on a property. Some of them are quite nice and add a bit of whimsy to a property. It is when the homeowner takes it to the next level and adds a frog, then a deer, then a fish, then a bird then a mushroom, etc., etc. You see where I"m going with this. Some folks don't know when to stop and it gives the community a cluttered low class feel. That is not what hubby and I bought in to when we purchased here in The Villages.

We fell in love with the manicured pristine appearance of this community. That appearance is what maintains our property value. From what I have learned, neighborhoods north of 466 are allowed to display lawn ornaments. IMHO, those neighborhoods do not look as nice as those that do not allow the "self expression". Having said that, there is a place for everyone. If you prefer the look of all that "self expression", by all means, live in a neighborhood that allows that. If you prefer the more manicured and pristine (sterile if you will) appearance, by all means live in a neighborhood that does not allow it.
Where did you LEARN this information? I live north of 466 and our deed restrictions say no lawn ornaments and our villages look very attractie. I have heard this before, unfortunately people hear these rumors and they become fact. You may be talking about the Historic side of TV which is across 441.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak