View Single Post

Old 09-10-2019, 09:47 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts
Default Multi Modal Path Safety

I recently requested The Villages address a safety factor on the Multi Modal Path Exit from Winn Dixie Parking lot at LSL to the Morse Path South. Even though there is a stop note on the path, no one stops. Pedestrians walking North are unseen because of high shrubs. The entrance was widened some time ago to facilitate golf cart turns. No one stops and pedestrians are at risk.

To The Villages credit , they addressed this issue in two days, erecting a stop sign, and repainting the roadway signage.

The amazing thing was that golf carts didn't even stop while the sign was being erected. Tonight, as I was walking, I observed golf carts speeding through the new sign. I guess the only thing that would give pedestrians a chance , is the removal of the shrubs and perhaps a speed bump.

I know there are a lot of signs the golf carts ignore in the neighborhood but there are some that are an accident waiting to happen.

If you travel this path, please consider the safety need. Don't be the cause of ruining someone's well being.