View Single Post

Old 09-12-2019, 03:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
First I heard of this was a couple of years ago when Lance Bass, one of those boy band singers, tried to buy the house. I heard on the news that HGTV outbid him and got the home was going to do a remodel. I guess it's taken some time to get that show on the road.

I actually never watched the Brady Bunch, when it was in it's prime I believe '1970 - '74, I was out of the country in Korea the first two years and we didn't get any TV there except the Super Bowl.
Yes, HGTV outbid Lance Bass in buying the house. The heirs of the woman who bought the house in 1973 and who died made out well on this deal. The house was originally listed for over $1 million and sold for $3.5 million last year.

It took 6 months to gut and remodel the inside of the house to match the interior of the house on the show, which was actually just a series of sound stages at whatever studio the show was filmed at 50 years ago. The Brady kids claimed to have never seen the exterior of the house they "lived" in before the restoration show was filmed.