View Single Post

Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Never having taken in a show at the Sharon, I went to the box office in Brownwood about 20 minutes before it opened. There were 40 people in front of me. After several failed attempts on my phone, I managed to get online at about 10 minutes after the box office opened and found that the majority of seats in the orchestra section for the 5:00 show were already sold (probably to the above-mentioned scalpers). I managed to get tickets and left the line. I'll never bother with the box office again. If you're not at the front of the line (and the folks who were allegedly had been so since 6:00 AM), you're at a strong disadvantage compared to those online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Isn't Fator a ventriloquist? Danny Gans was an impersonator.
Fator is a ventriloquist but his dummies are made up to look like singers and he impersonates those singers. From the clips I've seen of him, he's very good at it. My wife watched him win one of those talent shows where he got a million dollar, one-year Vegas contract. At the end of the year, they extended him for 10 years for $100,000,000. Folks seem to think he's worth big bucks.