Thread: The Daily Sun
View Single Post

Old 09-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
I'm about to become a new resident.

When I've visited prior to purchasing a new home, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Daily Sun. The newspaper is quite useful for newcomers or those considering a move to The Villages.

Our local Portland Oregonian pales in comparison; it is suffering like most of the newspapers across the US.

Fortunately we also have home delivery here in Oregon of the Wall Street Journal and the NY Times. And online I have access to the Washington Post.

Even with those newspapers available to me everyday, even when I travel, none of them reports "all the news".

My only complaint with the Daily Sun is that there is not on-line, complete version of the paper. I have talked to reporters and office personnel at the Daily Sun office in Brownwood asking them why not. Thus far, it's a business decision for them. I encouraged them to consider a complete replica edition for travelers like me.

I do get the daily ************* email summery, so it helps a little.

Mike
I agree with you about the lack of availability of an on-line complete version of the Daily Sun. For part-time residents/snowbirds, I bet there would be an interest in an online subscription service.

I also enjoy reading the Daily Sun when I am visiting TV.