View Single Post

Old 09-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I am a huge Brady Bunch follower. I used to watch that show and right after that, the Partridge Family. Loved them both.

But.....what I am wondering is, HGTV paid $3.5 million, when the asking price was $1.8, I figure that was market value.

So with all the renovations, cost for replacements and such....more $$$

what are they going to do with the house when it is completed?
We must be close in age. Yes, the Partridge Family was on ABC right after The Brady Bunch. I think the shows were on Friday night, and both shows were must watch viewing for me.

I read online that HGTV will hold on to the house for awhile for publicity, public events and using it for stays for contest winners. I think it would be a kick to stay in the house for a week. I would love to know what happens to the house a few years down the road.

Too bad my dad finally got rid of the pink shag and brown shag carpeting that was in 2 bedrooms in the house I grew up in. I could have sold the carpeting to HGTV for this show. He still has a brown coppertone stove from 1964 in his kitchen (I am not kidding). Maybe HGTV could use it. . . hmmm