View Single Post

Old 09-13-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
What is Medicare for all with no premiums, no co pays, no Doctor limitations and the only premium for it is a $200 max cost for drugs/year. That does not sound like Medicare that I have. I have co pays, premiums and pay extra to have drug coverage and this after paying for years. Also certain coverages stop after awhile. My health care is not a right.

This campaign should not be calling this Medicare because it has no resemblance to Medicare which is not free by any measure.
The plan you refer to exists, and is called Medicaid. It's not available for all, but it is available for Americans who can't otherwise afford medical care. It is currently paid for through federal income tax. If you have received a paycheck from someone, you have paid the tax for it. The only thing is that the number of doctors who participate are extremely limited so yes - you can go to any doctor you want - but if the doctor doesn't participate, you pay 100% of their bill.

Socialized medicine isn't free, it is paid for through taxes. But you don't pay taxes PLUS a monthly premium. So in other words, the subscription itself - is free. The care is already paid for.