View Single Post

Old 09-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,345 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Maybe I'm way off here but doesn't water "sit" in your hot water heater" with all the crud buildup in it and only circulate when you use hot water? Not much different from siting in a water filter and cold water is used many times during the day that would flush it especially for FLUSHING! but tha's why it is a filter, no? I'd be more concerned getting sprayed by the poopy smelling irrigation water here then water from a filter.

Then you ask WHY? Ask my wife. We moved in here 2 1/2 yrs ago and the day she took her first shower she said the chlorine was going to kill her hair and skin and the water smelled like a swimming pool (slight hyperbole). We put in the whole house filter (how else can you remove chlorine from 2 showers?) and it made a 100% difference and she was happy! Thank heavens for that.

As for calcium, we weren't here long enough before putting in the filter to notice any but we have had absolute ZERO traces of calcium in 2 1/2 years including 2 years 3 months having the whole house filter (NO softener). Maybe Amelia has no calcium issues, but either way there is none. Oh, another plug for the Nova system.
I guess it depends on where you live. We live in Fenney and the water definitely left calcium deposits on our fixtures. The Nova filters and softener did the trick, have not used CLR to remove that stuff since the Nova was installed. The on demand hot water system is after the Nova system so the water sitting in there is not building up crud. The irrigation water down here doesn't smell like poop, at least not on our street and I've been sprayed by it many times while adjusting my irrigations heads.