View Single Post

Old 09-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Prejudice is understood to be a negative but we all do it all the time. The word is pre (before) judice (judgement) Heck you look out on a field loaded with mosquitoes and you judge with all those bugs the fishing will be great or you judge I don't want to be here.

With people it is exactly the same. One person has a nice smile and you are drawn to the them another is in pain, frowning etc and if you don't think you reject them.

Age prejudice-a rude shock to me at Mcdonalds. The zit faced kid behind the counter told me I wanted a senior coffee. Should have at least made me prove I was old enough. If, I had a bar perhaps the sign should say due to politically correct we card everyone.
There's a bar/music venue in New Haven (Toad's) that cards everyone. They take the law literally because they'd been raided many years ago. The actual law is that everyone must be in possession of a valid ID, not just that they be 21 or older.

So if you are 50 years old, and don't have your license on your person when ordering alcohol, you are violating the law - and so is the bar if they serve you.

The New York Ren Faire has the same policy. They don't care how old you are, or how old you look. No ID, no alcohol.