View Single Post

Old 09-16-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
It’s a bit alarming to be driving and see an oncoming car cross the double yellow coming at you. You don’t know if they’re drunk, having a medical event, or not paying attention. I understand the concern passing a cart because there are cart operators who seem to be so involved in their conversations they stop paying attention to the fact they are on a roadway.

To those cart drivers, I will not risk a head on collision with the car in the other lane because you can’t or don’t control your cart. I will stay in my lane. Here’s a tip. I’ve discovered when driving my cart that if it feels like the center of the diamond lane is passing right under my drivers seat, that my cart is actually centered in the lane. Well away from the line to my left and well away from the curb to my right. But most importantly, pay attention to the fact you’re sharing the road with much heavier vehicles that can do you great harm.
I agree with you, and I am fairly certain everyone would. The question as I saw it was what if there is no on coming traffic in the other lane, and a car moves across the double line to provide an additional safety margin between them and the golf cart they are passing.

On the one hand the rules are the rules (laws) and it is illegal to cross the double line. PERIOD. On the other hand, if there is clear visibility and no other conditions is it such a bad thing to provide a little additional margin of safety.