View Single Post

Old 09-16-2019, 08:29 AM

Perhaps a slightly reworded subject line would help set the stage for a discussion like you seem to be soliciting. Something like “WHO SHOULD BE DRIVING IN TV?”. You seem to be asking at what point is a person both physically and mentally able to drive safely and who decides. Correct?

Adding the word “allowed” implies you are asking whether we want additional governmental control of who drives in TV. If that is what you are asking then my reply is that I think the government already controls too much of our lives. In regards to additional or more frequent driving tests I would ask whether the tester is having a good day or bad day, do they have a predisposition to allow or disallow seniors from driving, etc.

Yes, I believe that as we age our physical and mental capabilities decrease. And if , GOD Willing, you grow old enough there will come a point when driving becomes unsafe, for yourself and others. So let’s continue these discussions, look to our friends and family to help guide us when it becomes our time to hand over our keys. If we are open and prepared then it should not be too hard.

Thanks for the question and discussion.