View Single Post

Old 09-16-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
rationalizing that it is OK to cross the double yellow line is akin to being OK to exceed the speed limit as long as there is not a cop around.
Well, not exactly, in the one case it is doing something that is not necessarily dangerous, in the other it is being aware it is illegal and trying "get away with it" by not getting caught. Getting caught never entered into my suggestion, while being careful did.

Quote:
I wonder why it is not an option to SLOW down and stay in one's lane until clear of the obstacle? As has already been stated....there is plenty of room.
That is certainly an option when it is not possible to be safe.

ife is seldom a mater of black and white, nuance and shades of grey enter into almost everything.

I assume you never speed and always come to a complete stop any stop signs when 30 miles from the nearest town in the country where you can see forever in both directions and no one else has driven on this road in the past 10 years.