View Single Post

Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post

Has anyone even looked at there trim notices and compared them to there Neighbors. It's all online, The trim notices are all over the board and some of the trim increases this year went up 50 to 100k in market value in one year even though the assessed value only went up marginal. Some of my neighbors have there assessed value 100's of thousand under there sale price. Can someone smell something like a dirty diapers.
Maybe its time to start asking our Sumter County Tax Appraiser why this is? Also the 194 Statue requires them to go out ever 5 years to fairly assess these neighborhoods.
Wake up folks you are being herded for continuous tax increase over the next ten years.
Maybe contacting our Appraiser for some explanation and correction will rectify some increases.

?

I am looking at my TRIM notice, and I am very happy with the assessments.

Yes, my market value has gone up. Good. I think my house is worth even more than that.

The assessed value has gone up only 1.9%. Good. I don't want to pay more taxes than required.

There is a benefit here in Florida called "Save Our Homes Benefit." It is on the TRIM notice. It shows the difference between the market value and the assessed value. The Save Our Homes benefit limits the increase in the assessed value to some small number. I think it might be CPI. This year it was 1.9%. Market values can go up and up, but assessed value will go up slowly as long as you stay in your home.

Buy a new home, and the process starts over at the new purchase price.

The Save Our Homes benefit reduces the tax burden on long time residents, and puts more burden on recent buyers. But - those recent buyers will benefit next year and each following year as long as they stay in their home.