View Single Post

Old 09-19-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBart View Post
Well, I had a terrible experience at this place yesterday and thought I should pass it on. I had used the emergency care last year and it was great, but the clinic was not.

I have bad knees, one of which has had minor surgery 8 years ago. But it has been a mess for about a year so I finally decided to see someone about it. A friend highly Dr.Kerina as a guy who was great with dancers, so I made an appt. Check in was easy, but then I waited for 45 minutes before being taking back for vitals and xrays, which took 15. So now I’ve been there an hour, and the nurse had told me they were running about a half hour late because the doc had “taken a call” that morning. Ok, I figured that kind of stuff happens, i’ll give them a pass this time. So now they put me in a room that seems to be just a waiting room/office. I sit there for another 30 minutes. Finally, they move me to an examination room directly across the hall, and tell me the doc will be there soon. I wait another 20 minutes and the nurse comes to apologize and tell me that the doc really will be there soon. So now I hit 2 hours and 15 minutes of being in this place and still no doc. I decide to leave and go to the check out area where 3 women are just killing time waiting for a patient to come through. When I told them how long I had been waiting, they were horrified and offered to go talk to the doc, but at that point I was DONE. I told them they had better not charge me for this and left.

I’m surprised I haven’t gotten a phone call from anyoneto apologize, and especially from the doc. If he really had cared, he would have called me with the results of my X-ray.

I hope this helps someone to avoid this place. I will post updates if I ever hear from them.
UPDATE: so, Dr. Kerina actually called a day later to apologize and give me xray results, but I wasn’t home and the message came through very garbled. I decided that I should give the place a second chance and now I’m glad I did. They gave me the 1st appt. the same week I called, I got in right away, saw the doc quickly, had more xrays, saw the doc again and was out in just over an hour. Dr. Kerina was very thorough and knowledgeable. What a difference from the 1st visit!